Jasmijn White is our worship director at Cross Culture. She has not only built and developed a worship team, she has led the way to a culture of worship at our church. Jasmijn is a Texas transplant and Cowboys fan, and she spends her days as an Impact Manager for City Year. Check out below as she shares with us the vision for Cross Culture worship.
Here at Cross Culture, we believe a few things about worship:
- God is holy, and worship is an expression of His worth. (1 Samuel 2:2, Psalm 145:3, 1 Chronicles 29:11)
- We were created by God to worship God. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Revelation 4:11)
- Music is one of many forms of worship. (Psalm 9:2, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Ephesians 5:18-19)
- Worship is a way for us to welcome God’s presence in our lives. (Psalm 100:4; Jeremiah 29:12)
With these truths in mind, the vision of the Cross Culture Worship Ministry is to raise up worshippers who honor and celebrate God’s holiness, together on Sunday and in every aspect of their lives.
At Cross Culture, our congregational worship happens in the form of song. We sing, play, clap and lift our hands as expressions of gratitude and honor to God. In this space, we want everyone to know who we worship and why He is great. And we want to establish a place where we are free to worship God together, in spirit and in truth.
To do so, we are building our worship culture in a few different ways:
- We sing together in agreement that God is holy, good and worthy of our praise.
- We sing songs of joy, celebration and reflection to honor God’s goodness and remind ourselves of His presence in our lives and our church.
- We teach about the songs we sing to make worship accessible and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We repeat songs on a regular basis to allow opportunities to learn the words and reflect on their meaning in our lives.
- We introduce different styles of praise and worship music to welcome in different types of worshippers.
We have a strong team of leaders who commit to supporting our congregation’s ability to worship together. Our team is made up of individuals who worship in their own lives and are able and willing to lead others into worship, whether from the stage or behind the scenes. Several people contribute to creating our worship environment, from vocalists to instrumentalists to our audio engineer and our tech/production assistants.
If you enjoy musical worship and have a desire to serve in this ministry, don’t hesitate to reach out. And as you come to join us on Sunday mornings, don’t hesitate to sing out. We are a body of worshippers, and we look forward to celebrating all that God has done and all he’s doing, together with you.