It is such an exciting time to be a part of a church that is reaching the lost and living out our mission to be GREAT NEIGHBORS who display and declare Jesus Christ.
Why are things changing for the good of the Kingdom at Cross Culture Church?
The reason we are growing and changing lives is because we have taken two stands as a church.
- We are doing what Jesus says and exemplifying what He did by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We have claimed GVR and surrounding communities as brothers and sisters. We are all in for the community.
These two things sound cliche, but they are not. We are simply following the Great Commandment (Mark 12:28-34) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20).
- The greatest commandment is "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” (NIV)
- The great commission is "Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (NIV)
We don’t have time to play church or for the games that surround that. We are going to reach the lost and be disciples, who makes disciples. If you come to Cross Culture Church, you will be called to do these things. The standard has been raised. Barry Cameron, the senior pastor of Crossroads Christian Church and a huge partner for Cross Culture Church, said this on Facebook today, "Nominal Christians are never phenomenal Christians. Build with them and you will have to tear down what they built. Or, given enough time, they'll do it for you.”
The church is people, my brothers and sisters. The type of training and standard we set dictates the fruits of the ministry. You are not nominal Christians, and if you are you will not be allowed stay as such. Take the following stand with us…
- We are doing what Jesus says and exemplifying what he did by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We have claimed GVR and surrounding community as brothers and sisters. We are all in for the community.
Practically this means making Jesus the Lord over every aspect of your life, and with boldness gentleness, calling your neighbors to do the same. Take a minute and write down the areas of your life that Jesus isn’t Lord over. Pray he will change that and reach out to your church family to ask about ways you can do so.
Lets go Jesus!!!