A few weeks ago I went to corporate. My schedule consisted of 6:00am workouts and leadership development from 7:00am-7:00pm. You would think that I am now the best leader that ever lived. In fact, 36 hours of leadership development taught me that I am not the best leader or even close to it. I would rate my experience at corporate a 10 out of 10. Even though it made me take a hard look at myself and my leadership, I know that I, and those around me, will be better for it. How about you?
How do you become a better leader?
· Surround yourself with leaders that are better than you.
· Surround yourself with followers that don’t agree with you all the time.
· Put yourself in environments that make you feel uncomfortable.
· Remember leadership growth only happens with a long term perspective in mind. Nothing happens overnight and if it does it probably means you are performing and not authentic.
· Meditate on what you can become, not what you have done.
You are welcome for not having to do 6:00am workouts or sit in rooms for 12 hours to get that information.
See you Sunday at Church!